Be a tourist in your hometown! Doors Open Jamestown is a FREE admission day at local museums and attractions - designed to let local residents see our community as visitors often see us.
Make your plan now to visit MANY local attractions on
Saturday, March 5, 2022 from 10am-4pm!
(When you visit each local attraction or participating local Chamber member business, you can enter the TEXT to WIN contest by finding the keyword at each local venue. (See the Google MAP embedded on this page.)
Participating Attractions are:
1. Audubon Community Nature Center, 1600 Riverside Road
2. Busti Grist Mill, 3443 Lawson Road
3. Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame, 15 West 3rd Street
4. DAR House, 70 Prospect Street
5. DoubleTree by Hilton, 150 West 4th Street
6. Fenton History Center, 67 Washington Street
7. James Prendergast Library, 509 Cherry Street
8. Lucy Desi Museum*, 2 West 3rd Street
9. Lucile M. Wright Air Museum, 110 West 3rd Street, Suite 101
10. Martz-Kohl Observatory, 176 Robbin Hill Road, Frewsburg
11. Marvin Community House*, 2 West 5th Street
12. National Comedy Center*, 203 West 2nd Street
13. Northwest Arena, 319 West 3rd Street (open 10am-noon only)
14. Reg Lenna Center for the Arts, 116 East 3rd Street
15. Robert H. Jackson Center, 305 East 4th Street
16. Roger Tory Peterson Institute, 311 Curtis Street
*advance registration was required for these venues and they may be sold out
Also look for text contest keywords at these participating local businesses:
1. 4 Below Haggy's Bar & Grill, 104 East 2nd Street
2. BioDome Project, 207 Pine Street
3. Brigiotta's, 414 Fairmount Avenue
4. Brazil, 10 East 4th Street
5. Chautauqua Harbor Hotel, 10 Dunham Avenue, Celoron
6. Chautauqua Soap Co., 14 East 3rd Street
7. Crown Street Roasting Company, 16 West 3rd Street
8. Dot's Gift Boutique, 111 West 3rd Street
9. Labyrinth Press Co., 12 East 4th Street
10. Moran's Floor Store, 2206 Foote Avenue
11. Patient's Pharmacy, 320 North Main Street
12. Peterson's Candies, 743 Busti-Sugar Grove Road
Follow the Doors Open Jamestown Event on Facebook!
Text to Win One of four Doors Open prize packages!
When you visit your first attraction for Doors Open text OPEN
to 866-993-0032 or scan the QR code.
You will be prompted to enter your zip code. Once you have done that find the keyword at the attraction and text it into your open text thread.
Each keyword (once per venue or business) gives you one entry into the contest.
When you get to subsequent locations, find and enter your next keyword to submit an additional entry.
Doors Open runs until 4pm, but the text contest remains open until 6pm if you weren't able to submit all your keywords earlier.
Winners will be notified by text at the conclusion of the contest and will be contacted by the Chamber of Commerce for information on how to claim their prizes.
See our FAQ's below if you have a concern or question.